No, really. You probably should’t have. Things of this magnitude, when placed in my hands, can’t go well. I mean really. I once killed a cactus. Not entirely my fault, though. Darn thing jumped right out in front of me.
So wow. I’ve never been nominated for anything before! Unless you count that one time I was named ‘Mother of the Year’ by…well…myself.
So this really amazing blogger/woman/hottest-thing-since-sunburn nominated yours truly (among others) for a crazy little thing called the Versatile Blogger Award.
I admittedly jumped up and down and shouted like my pants were on fire.
I’m flattered to be nominated, and I’m rather shocked that someone finds my musings interesting enough to give them a second glance! So a big thank you goes out to snoogiefisk over at mostlytrueramblings for the nomination!
So Here’s how it works:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
And the nominees are:
The envelope, please, Bob.
Wake up, Bob.
Bob’s a little slow on the uptake but good help is so hard to find.
Ah, there we go.
Artsy Susie (She’s my bestie and she’s, well…the best.)
The Dimwit Diary (I laugh until I pee myself. Seriously.)
buffalotompeabody’s blog (He’s blind and he blogs. How amazing is that!? He’s the reason that I now laugh in the faces of my kids when they tell me “I can’t.”)
Communication Made Simple (He’s a fellow Jacksonvillain, and he has some great tips for success.)
IT’S A WONDERFUL F’N LIFE (Her pictorial stories will amaze. And F’n doesn’t mean what you think it means, either.)
It’s time to SHINE (And shine she surely does.)
WHIMSICAL ECLECTICIST (His daily…err hourly…err minutely bouts of whimsy make me smile.)
alienorajt (Musings that are fresh and well written.)
LOVELETTERSTOAGHOST (Touching poetry from the heart.)
Kerry’s Organized Chaos (Chaos has never been this cute.)
My Life In Color (She paints her life colorfully.)
Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss (She loves to write, and she loves her cats…and I think her cats love to write, too.)
The World’s top 10…of Anything and Everything!!! (Okay, so maybe he really doesn’t need more awards but how can I resist? His pictorial lists are fabulous!)
Blue Loft (Beautifully written works of art.)
Ben’s Bitter Blog (He makes me laugh. I like that in a blogger.)
And there, folks, you have greatness.
Now, about these 7 interesting facts. Do you really want to know?
Should I tell them Bob?
Darn it, Bob, you’re really throwing me under the bus here.
Okay then, here goes nothing…
1. I once swallowed a bee while riding my bike.
2. I once got stung in the big toe by a bee while doing laundry in my parents’ basement.
3. I once moved a tire that had a nest full of angry bees in it.
4. Bees hate me. Obviously.
5. I recently watched a YouTube video of a bee giving some guy a high five.
6. I once got a “B” in high school. I was devastated. Let’s not talk about it.
7. I’ve been called the “B Word” more times than I care to count. Or admit to.
And there you have it. Pretty intense, I know.
Now on with the show!