So it happened again today.
This award winning thing is practically an epidemic. We keep passing it around in certain circles like a bad case of measles.
I’m flattered, though…and so shocked that I was nominated for not one but 2…count them…2 shiny virtual honors today that I almost choked on my cherry limeade.
I’m going to try to roll both acceptance speeches into one here, because well…I’m lazy. So lazy, in fact, that my pet rock has more ambition than I do. He’s way cuter, too. Now if I could just housebreak him…
Anyway, from my newfound penning pal Alienora over at alienorajt, I received this snazzy new ego booster:
And from my long lost sist…blogger type person that I just met but find to be pretty awesome, Margaret over at Along Life’s Road, I received… a brand new car! Or not. Dare to dream. This little pride promoter isn’t bad, though. I’ll take it!:
Many thanks for the awards, ladies! I didn’t realize that I was paying you enough to read my ramblings and promote them, too!(Your checks are in the mail, by the way.)
So as far as acceptance speeches go, I guess I should start out by thanking the little people: smurfs, fairies, gnomes, Lilliputians…though I really don’t know what they ever have to do with anyone’s success. Why does everyone thank them again?
I’d also like to thank everyone that keeps liking and following my mindless musings, thus making my ego so big that it can no longer fit through my front door. I have to blog on the lawn in a tent now. Thanks guys.
I’d also like to thank that really big bug that lives in my shower. He’s been a huge help in getting me to this point in my virtual success. I couldn’t have done it without him.
Now then, let’s get down to business.
For this Liebster thingy, the rules are as follows:
You must link back the person that nominated you.
You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
The other award doesn’t seem to come with a set of guidelines to follow other than nominating 10 people that you feel are deserving of the honor.
So, I’m just going to kill 2 birds with one stone, here, (again with the lazy. Look it up in the dictionary, my picture is there) and pick 10 bloggers out of the infinite number that I follow to give both awards to. It’s going to be tough. There will be tears. Mostly mine because I can’t just nominate them all, but still…I may have to just put all of you in a boxing ring and make a death match out of this. Last 10 standing get chosen!
I won’t, though. I’m a nice enough nutcase that I can think stuff like that with no follow through.
Anyway, here goes:
Cue Miley Cyrus…no, wait, she’s off somewhere making an idiot of herself…cue Chris Evans to center stage with the envelope of award nominees. After getting down on one knee and publically proposing marriage to my best friend, which she joyfully accepts (she’ll appreciate this, trust me), and after a lengthy kiss in front of millions of viewers, (sorry, ladies!) Chris rips open the envelope, turns to the camera and in a deep sultry voice says,
“And the nominees are:”
1. Artsy Susie. She’s my bestie, and blogger extraordinaire.
2. Freak of Fandom. A take on life through a fangirl’s eyes.
3. It’s a Wonderful F’N Life. She weaves amazing stories with pictures.
4. katzrambles. All kinds of fun rambles.
5. beautify inside and out. A fabulous new blogger. Let’s show her some love!
6. Oldest daughter & Redheaded Sister. A little of everything and a wonderful read!
7. I Left My DNA There. Passionate about travel? Let’s bring this site some followers!
8. Quarter Life Lauren. She’ll make you chuckle AND make you think.
9. Let There be Peace on Earth. Peace, poems, and passion.
10. Walk the Self-Talk. Well written short stories and positive thinking!
A big round of clap for these amazing writers!
Okay now, for these 10 questions. Ya’ll are gluttons for punishment, aren’t ya? Alright, you asked for it:
1. What was your first memory?
Choking on a gumball at the Laundromat. My mom and the attendant lady each took a leg, turned me upside down, and proceeded to beat me senseless until it came out. Heimlich who?
2. What is your favorite color?
Green. Not that terrible florescent junk that goth people put in their hair, though. I Like a deep, sexy forest green. A lime green isn’t bad when paired with purple, either.
3. What kind of music do you like best?
The kind with words. Hey, I’m easy.
4. What musical instrument/s do you play?
A finely tuned, cherry red, black and gold accented, autographed by the great Gene Simmons of Kiss, Fender Electric…nothing. I play nothing. Unless a fork counts as an instrument. I took clarinet for like 2 weeks in 8th grade but dropped out because practice started too early in the morning and I wanted to sleep in. Hey, I never said my laziness was a new development.
5. What is your all-time favorite film?
Frequency. The idea of being able to get in touch with one’s dad in the past is intriguing to me. If I could do that, I’d say something along the lines of. “By the way, don’t use your toothbrush. The dog had bad breath.”
6. Who is your favorite fairy tale character?
The Swedish Chef. Okay, maybe Muppets weren’t fairy tales, but still…you can’t deny his awesomeness!
7. Who do you love most in the world?
Okay, I gotta get serious for just a sec and say that God always comes first. After that, it’s a tossup between my hubby and myself. Let’s go with him, he’s cuter and cooks better.
8. Read or watch television?
TV, of course. What is this “read” business you speak of? Never heard of it.
9. What is the very best thing about you?
I have this funky brown stripe that goes down my thumbnail. It’s actually embedded in it. I don’t know where it comes from or why it’s there, but it’s pretty cool and my kids are fascinated by it.
10. What made you become a blogger?
This goes back to the bug in my shower. He threatened me. Said he would move all 1,586,970,584 members of his family into my house if I didn’t do it.
Well then. Without further ado, my questions for the nominees are as follows:
1. If you were the last person on earth, which food would you wish to have an endless supply of?
2. Which of the following celebrities would you like to grab hold of, shake, and scream, “You’re ruining your life!” at?
a)Lindsay Lohan b)Amanda Bynes c)Miley Cyrus d)All of the above
3. How many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
4. If you could be any animal, which would it be and why?
5. Will Ferrell, or Will Smith?
6. Do public restrooms creep you out?
7. What’s the first thing you’d do if you had a million dollars?
8. French toast, French fries, or French bread?
9. You’re running late for an appointment and you come upon a turtle that’s trying to make its way across a busy street. Do you:
a) Pull over, run out into the street when it’s clear, snatch up the turtle and bring him safely across;
b) Keep on truckin’ along. You’re not one to be late…for anything;
c) Decide that he’d make a great stew and toss him in the trunk of your car.
10. You rub your hands against your starbucks cup to warm them, and a genie pops out. She declares that you’ve been granted 3 wishes, and that your macchiato is a little bland today. What do you wish for?
There you have it, folks. Now please excuse me while I go squirt acid into my eyes because I just witnessed another Miley VMA video.